$BTC ETFs finally broke their 2-week outflow streak with $301M in net inflows.
But the weekly total hides a much less bullish picture.
Investors poured in $1.08B during the first 3 days, then pulled out $774M as Bitcoin slipped toward $80K.
That’s roughly 72% of the early inflows reversed in just 2 sessions.
What caught my attention is DWF Labs’ research: ETF outflows accompanied 7 of Bitcoin’s 8 major sell-offs since launch.
I think we’re seeing a different kind of institutional demand than many expected.
ETF access hasn’t necessarily created a reliable pool of dip buyers.
If ETF investors are selling alongside the market rather than absorbing volatility, how much downside protection can we realistically expect from institutional adoption?
$BTC is back below $80K, but I think the bigger risk isn’t the price drop itself.
Bitcoin fell nearly 2% as Asian tech stocks weakened and traders reduced exposure ahead of Wednesday’s Fed decision.
Three things stand out to me:
• Brent remains around $114 despite a 2% pullback.
• South Korea’s Kospi fell 1%, extending weakness in the AI trade.
• BTC needs to reclaim $82.5K, the support level it lost last week.
Expensive energy keeps inflation risks elevated, while weaker tech stocks signal declining appetite for risk.
That leaves crypto vulnerable to a hawkish Fed, even if rates stay unchanged.
I’m watching the Fed’s December guidance more closely than Wednesday’s decision itself.
Can Bitcoin reclaim $82.5K without a recovery in tech sentiment?
$BTC losing $80K is concerning, but the liquidation data tells a bigger story.
$837M in positions were wiped out in 24 hours, with longs accounting for 82.8% of the damage.
Bitcoin and Ethereum alone saw $414M in liquidations, over 93% of which came from longs.
To me, this looks like a leveraged market being forced to reset rather than evidence of selling pressure alone.
But there’s another concern: BTC is now trading below the estimated average acquisition price of corporate Bitcoin treasuries.
With total crypto market cap just ~1% above its October low, I’m watching $77.9K support and whether BTC can reclaim $83K before the Fed decision.
Will this leverage flush create room for a healthier recovery, or is spot demand too weak to absorb the next wave of selling?
$BTC might be facing a bigger threat from oil than from anything happening onchain.
Brent hit $115.84, its highest level in five months, as tensions in the Middle East escalated.
Meanwhile:
• Nasdaq fell 2.6%.
• Crypto market cap dropped 3.74% to $2.76T.
• WTI climbed above $100.
What concerns me is the inflation angle.
Higher energy prices could make it harder for the Fed to ease monetary policy, keeping pressure on liquidity and risk assets.
But there’s an interesting divergence: physical Brent prices have fallen from ~$135 to ~$118 this month, suggesting part of the futures rally may reflect geopolitical risk rather than immediate supply shortages.
With the Fed decision on October 28 and major tech earnings approaching, I’m watching oil as closely as Bitcoin.
If oil stays above $115, can $BTC recover on its own?
$ICP is attracting more users, but its price isn’t following.
Over the past month, ICP dropped 8.3%, while network activity tells a different story:
- Daily active addresses: +35%, reaching 3,860.
- New addresses: +45%, reaching 710 per day.
That’s encouraging, but I wouldn’t call it an adoption breakout yet.
Activity is still roughly half its November 2025 peak.
The price structure is also fragile:
$2.50 is the key downside level I’m watching, while reclaiming $2.85 would weaken the bearish setup. A sustained move above $3.30–$3.60 would be more convincing.
Can growing onchain usage eventually support $ICP’s valuation?
$BTC is back near $82K, but I'm not convinced this recovery has much strength yet.
Bitcoin bounced from below $81K as the Japanese yen weakened and Asian stocks recovered.
Still, three numbers concern me:
- $435M in crypto liquidations, including $385M in longs
- $381M in preliminary BTC ETF outflows on Thursday
- $100 oil, keeping inflation risks elevated.
A stronger yen could also pressure carry trades funding risk assets.
To me, this looks more like temporary relief than renewed demand.
With $BTC testing its 50-day moving average, I'd want to see stronger spot buying before trusting the move.
Can Bitcoin sustain a rally without consistent ETF inflows while macro pressures remain elevated?
DeFi is taking almost twice the hit of the broader crypto market.
While $BTC dropped nearly 3%, CoinDesk’s DeFi index fell 5.6%, compared with a 3.2% decline in its broader CD80 index.
The derivatives data makes this more interesting.
$UNI open interest dropped 10.17%, far faster than the token’s price. $NEAR showed a similar pattern, with OI down 8.83%.
That suggests traders are actively closing positions rather than simply holding through the selloff.
Meanwhile, crypto derivatives volume surged 19% to $226.6B, with liquidations reaching $431M.
My concern is whether traders are reducing exposure to the sector more aggressively than to crypto overall.
If this is primarily deleveraging, the selling could eventually exhaust itself. But continued relative weakness would be a more concerning signal.
Is DeFi simply absorbing the sharpest part of a market-wide reset?
$BTC lost its $85K breakout attempt, and the timing is worth paying attention to.
Bitcoin slipped nearly 3% toward $81.5K as Tesla’s Q3 capex missed expectations ($4.73B vs $7.96B forecast) and South Korea’s KOSPI fell 3.5%.
But the technical setup concerns me more.
BTC rejected $84,840, keeping its pattern of lower highs intact.
Meanwhile, Bitcoin open interest recently reached $55.95B, up 4.5% in 24 hours.
To me, that’s a fragile combination: rising leverage, weakening risk appetite and a failed resistance test.
I’m watching $80K–$81.5K as the key support zone.
Holding it could keep the recovery alive, but reclaiming $84.8K is what would start changing my bias.
Will spot buyers defend support, or will leveraged positions turn another rejection into a deeper correction?
$BTC ETFs pulled in $1.08B over three days.
Bullish, but still not convinced the bigger trend has changed yet.
Here’s why.
During Bitcoin’s three major rallies since 2024, ETFs averaged roughly $235M in daily inflows.
Since July, that average has been just $86M, despite BTC gaining 39%.
And days with $500M+ inflows have become much less frequent.
To me, the latest $1B is encouraging, but consistency matters more than a few strong sessions.
I’d want to see sustained demand above $200M/day before treating ETF flows as confirmation of another major rally.
Are institutions rebuilding positions, or are we overestimating what three days of inflows can tell us?
$ZEC is up 12.5% today, but I’m more interested in where the bounce is happening.
After three consecutive red weeks, Zcash found buyers around $1,088 and is now trading near $1,272.
That’s a meaningful reaction from support, especially with the NU7 upgrade approaching on November 6, targeting a reduction in block confirmation times from 75 to 25 seconds.
But $1,375 is the level I’d watch next.
Reclaiming it would strengthen the recovery case. Rejection there could leave this looking like another relief rally after September’s $1,695 peak.
ZEC is still up roughly 148% YTD, so the bigger trend matters.
Is this the start of another leg higher, or just a bounce before sellers return?










